Sunday 12 August 2012

BABA AGM, Blists Hill, Ironbridge

This weekend has possibly been the best one I have had in a while! SO MUCH IS HAPPENING!
I went to the BABA AGM @ Blists Hill - Victorian Town where I met some wonderful people and I was able to expand on my blacksmith circle. I now have new blacksmith friends! :D HAPPY FI!

So, I volunteered to be part of a team to try some Iron Casting (may I just add I was the only female... someone had to) 
Where I seriously enjoyed myself, I was taught how to charge the blast furnace as well as pouring the molten iron into a mold. Whilst pouring my last one, sparks went flying and my neck got caught out! (The scar im sure will spark up conversation at some point) The next day I learnt that I was the unlucky one to pour that mold as the number of chambers inside caused pressure / air to escape a smallish hole. Trust me to pick that one!

I also got chatting to the smith that works there! (WHAT A LOVELY GUY) And asked if I could do some work with him, he agreed and told me that he would get in contact. This has totally boosted up my self confidence! :D again... HAPPY FI!

After a long, hard and adventurous weekend, its time for bed. 
photos to follow... promise :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment